By Amy Rothenberg ND
I decided to offer the “Muffin of the Month Club” for the three women who work for me one year at the holiday time. I was looking to create something ongoing & creative!
And because I love to make little handmade books and cards, I decided to accentuate this present by presenting it to the recipients with spanky new muffin tins, pretty muffin papers and little pamphlet cards describing the idea, pictured here.
For full disclosure, you should know I am a excellent cook, I can look in the fridge & the cupboard & whip up a nutritious & appetizing meal for myself, my family & gatherings of friends & students who often grace our dining room table---but alas, I have been a notoriously terrible baker! I just never got the hang of it.
There were three things I wanted to accomplish personally with this project in addition to giving an out of the ordinary holiday gift:
- Number #1: I wanted to set a goal for myself, even a small one— of baking a delicious and appreciated batch of muffins each month.
- Number #2: I wanted to move through what I knew would be the occasional and inevitable muffin flop and not get too deflated---I wanted to learn from my baking mistakes.
- Number #3: I wanted to have confidence, that I could learn something new & put the product out in the world where they would reflect my positive intention & my new learned skills.
Setting goals, moving through disappointment, and having confidence are all unique parts of what I would call my mental game. Hope you enjoy the results!
Muffins By-the-Month (a baker's dozen!):
- December - Sugar (Not Really) and Spice Muffins
- January - New Year's Breakfast Muffins (AKA: Mini Frittata)
- February - Valentine's Healthy Heart Muffins
- March - St. Patty's Presto! Pesto Muffins
- April - No Joke Whole Grain Apple Muffins
- May - Mini Corn Bread Loaves
- June - Strawberry Sunshine Muffins
- July - Mini Blueberry / Strawberry Muffins
- August - Too Many Zucchini Muffins with Juice Pulp
- September - Peachy Pecan Muffins
- October - Apple Muffins
- November - Cranberry Craze and Oats Muffins
- December - Muffins for a Holiday Time
If you like these recipes, you may also enjoy the Soup of the Month Club from a few years earlier which inspired this.