December’s Muffin of the Month
From the Kitchen of Amy Rothenberg ND
I like these muffins for breakfast with nuts or cottage cheese & raisins and a cup of tea. But they also make a great holiday gift to bring a host or hostess when you go visiting. You can find muffin boxes with clear cellophane window on top, and wrap with a festive ribbon. Yum!
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour mix, I use Red Mill
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or less
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons organic orange zest
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (don’t thaw if frozen!)
Mix together the dry ingredients in one container.
Mix together the wet ingredients in another container.
Combine until just mixed & pour in cranberries, mix briefly. The batter will be very dense and seemingly oily but don’t worry. They bake right up at 325 degrees in your oven for 15-20 minutes - you know they’re done when a toothpick comes out clean.